I made this dress for Bunny today. The pattern is a vintage from the 60's (maybe 70's?).
- it was a lot of work for a very generic looking dress. it wasn't suppose to be, it was suppose to look cool and retro! next time i'll pick a cooler fabric.
- it reminds me of "little orphan annie"
- corduroy was a good choice, it's a very forgiving fabric since you can't really see the stitches all that well.
- the sleeve was the most challenging, but fun part.
- learned that my sewing machine can do ruffles, I wish i knew that before i ordered the ruffler foot.
- not sure if Bunny will fit in it, measurement seems ok, but the zipper doesn't allow enough space to move around and that's even after I bought an inch bigger zipper than the recommended.
- definitely can not wear this out in public.